20140820

smelling roses

A standard practice of mine is to list things that are positive and that I am grateful for. No matter how small or seemingly insignificant at times, I believe it's important to take time to appreciate things and reflect on the positivity they bring. I think I'll start posting them here occasionally.

Here are ten things that I am grateful for today.
  1. I wrote my first blog entry last night and the world didn't explode and I didn't get murdered in my sleep.
  2. I painted and worked on citra-solv transfers yesterday. My new body of work is looking really good.
  3. I got to sleep in this morning.
  4. I'm grateful for the quiet solitude of having the house to myself and no neighbors. 
  5. I'm grateful for the love my beau and I share.
  6. My dog made me smile this morning, chewing on a rawhide bone and acting silly, rolling around on the bed and demanding belly rubs. I am excited to buy him new grain-free food we tried the other day. He loved it!
  7. Star Trek has been especially calming lately. Currently watching one of my favorites, "Darmok."
  8. I'm grateful for my work schedule and FMLA that allows me time to heal.
  9. That doughnut I had this morning was really delicious. So was the fountain Pepsi.
  10. I'm grateful that I feel the courage stirring in me to create more work. Ideas come and their hard to put into fruition. It's all I dream about but hard to put into action, words or thoughts even.